Monday, May 6, 2013

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King

Much like I felt with Ghandi, when I was going into this reading I thought it would be interesting to read one of the important works by a person that we learned about during previous schooling. Thinking back before I started the actual reading for this week all I had really ever learned about Martin Luther King Jr. wasn’t from him directly, but rather a cartoon special that we watched every year in elementary school and the small unit on civil rights that we did in history class in high school. With all of this being said I feel that I definitely have a better understanding of who he was as a person and what he believed. He refused to be patient and let time fix the problems over race as others have suggested and I think this was a very good way to approach the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment